For API Reconciling Mission applicants with a sponsoring bishop
We’re delighted that your bishop is looking to sponsor you to participate in the Anglican Peacemaking Institute (API) Reconciling Mission programme.
What am I getting into?
Do you long to see the Church being an agent for addressing injustice and effecting reconciliation across the divisions in your community and society? If you do, then you’ll be eagerly looking forward to participating in the API Reconciling Mission programme.
The API Reconciling Mission process is focused on resourcing you to understand the Church's mission in the context of God's reconciling work in the world; and to equip you with practical tools to enable your parish to engage deeply with local communities and to play a creative role in promoting reconciliation within society; and also to enable you to share learning and approaches across your diocese or province.
What am I committing myself to?
By participating in the API Reconciling Mission programme, you’ll be committing yourself to the following:
- Meeting with your bishop and your colleagues to clarify hopes and expectations, beforehand
- Along with your team members, developing a provisional plan for your parish and for sharing learning across your diocese, during the initial week-long course
- Along with your team, identifying a partner team from another diocese or province (unless already agreed in advance)
- Meeting regularly with your bishop (or bishop's representative) and other team members to take forward implementation and agree next steps.
- Along with your team members, participating in a series of online video conferences, with your partner diocesan team, at regular intervals over 18 months. These will function as an action learning group and will be facilitated by an API facilitator
- Offering feedback to future API programmes, via a short pre-recorded video interview
- Where possible, attending occasional regional gatherings of API ‘graduates’, to share stories of impact and learning
How do I apply?
Once you’ve been selected by your bishop, please read through the pages of this website. Then complete the application.
Please contact our administrator, if you need any further information.